Friday, April 20, 2012

Impassioned Love Letters

Writeous is going in a new direction.  These days, our world appears to lack one extremely important emotion:  LOVE.  John Lennon said that "Love was all you need."  I happen to agree.  So, in the interest of "love proliferation," Writeous is going to focus on writing about love for a while.  I hope that these articles help my readers reach out to those that they care about.  For those with love in their lives, may it grow abundantly.  For those seeking love, may you find the words to claim it for yourself.  For those who aren't sure about love,  I heard an Ayurvedic practitioner say that "love is the great balancer" and, indeed, it is.  Find some.


LOVE LETTERS BEGIN IN THE HEART

Writing a good love letter isn't just having a great vocabulary or facility with words.  Great love letters open the heart and pour out its contents.  They offer a vision of another person seen through the gauze of great feeling.  For example:

                          A so-so love letter might say: "I like your blond hair."

                          A great love letter would say,
                         "I could lose myself in the silken mystery of your hair, "

or

                        "the scent of your hair lingers with  me."


LOVE LETTERS ARE POETIC YET SENSUAL
Great love letters are poetic and beautiful without being smutty.  That doesn't mean that they fail to mention physical passion.  What greater bond is there between men and women than that of sweaty sheets and the melding of two bodies?  Yet, it is so often described in ways that more closely resemble agricultural catalogs than love letters.

Far too many people write things like: "Wow, that was hot last night."


By contrast, a great love letter writer might write

 "I cannot breathe for the memory of the sheen of  your body.  I wanted to stay there, nestled in you, forever.  I felt like we were melting into one another.  I cannot focus on anything but you and the night that we shared."


MORE ABOUT LOVE LETTERS AND LOVE STORIES IN THE FUTURE...STAY TUNED









No comments:

Post a Comment